Home > World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Report 2018
Embassy of India
The Embassy of India in Norway would like to inform you that the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Report 2018 was released on 31 October 2017 wherein India has jumped 30 places to stand at 100 in the new rankings from 130 last year. This is historic for it is the highest jump by any country in the doing business sector and acknowledges India’s reform trajectory under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Templates of banner may be seen
Ease of Doing Business
India Surging Ahead
World Bank's Doing Business Report.
2. The business environment has improved at the fifth fastest pace in the world and India is among the top 10 ‘improvers’ globally, having done better in 8 out of 10 business parameters. The country has jumped 53 places from 172 to 119 on ease of paying taxes, leapt over to the 4th rank on protecting minority investors and moves 15 places from 44 to 29 on ease of businesses getting credit. The most significant jump is in taxation policy parameter. The Government of India has also released a press statement on the outcomes of report which may be seen at http://pib.gov.in/newsite/ erelease.aspx?relid=173116
3. Prime Minister Modi in a series of tweets stated:
· “Historic jump in ‘Ease of Doing Business’ rankings is the outcome of the all-round & multi-sectoral reform push of Team India.”...
· “Easier business environment is leading to historic opportunities for our entrepreneurs, particularly MSME sector & bringing more prosperity.”...
· “Over the last 3 years we have seen a spirit of positive competition among states towards making business easier. This has been beneficial.”...
· “It has never been easier to do business in India. India welcomes the world to explore economic opportunities our nation has to offer!”…
· “Guided by the Mantra of ‘Reform, Perform & Transform’ we are determined to further improve our rankings & scale greater economic growth”
4. The Finance Minister at 1730 hours (IST) on 31 October 2017 addressed a press conference highlighting India’s performance: https://youtu.be/ znqgmHEYZqs
5. The full text of the Ease of Doing Business Report is available on the following weblink:http://francais.doingbusiness. org/~/media/WBG/DoingBusiness/ Documents/Annual-Reports/ English/DB2018-Full-Report.pdf
6. Your comments are welcome!