Home > Quit India Movement
New India Movement 2017-2022
On the occasion of the Commemoration of 75th Anniversary of the Quit India Movement
As you may be aware, the Quit India Movement that began on 9th August 1942 was an important milestone in the Indian freedom struggle. Five years after the Quit India Movement, India attained freedom on 15th August 1947.
2. As India is observing 75th Anniversary of Quit India Movement this year, five years now i.e. in August 2022 we will complete 75 years as an independent nation. During his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi stated that this 5-year period from 2017 to 2022 gives us a unique opportunity of ‘Sankalp’ to ‘Sidhi’ towards a ‘New India’. Hence, the 15th August 2017 will be celebrated as the ‘Sankalp Parva’ or the Day of Resolve, and in 2022 India will certainly transform that resolve into ‘Siddhi’ or Attainment. He added, “This five-year period can ignite the transformation that will create an India, which our freedom fighters will be proud of. As such, let us work together, in the same spirit as lakhs of Indians did during the five-year period from 1942-1947. May this month herald the birth of a new mass movement – ‘Sankalp se Siddhi – Attainment through Resolve’, from 9th August, 2017”. Hence, it has been decided that this important milestone should be commemorated through the following activities and events:
· Pledge - a pledge to create a New India. Let all Indians together pledge towards a Clean India; a Poverty free India; a Corruption free India; a Terrorism free India; a Communalism free India and a Casteism free India.
· Quit India Quiz - Hon’ble Prime Minister’s firm belief is that “Sankalp Se Sidhi” is not possible without inspiration from the past and India is a nation replete with such inspiration from the pages of our history. Hence, a ‘Quit India Quiz’ will be launched shortly so that Indians and Indian Diaspora particularly youth take part in the Quiz competitions in large numbers.
· New India under the theme “New India Manthan” – The best discussions lead to the strongest determination. ‘New India Manthan’ is the best way to come together, discuss together and set the foundation of working together for a ‘New India’.
· Online Forum – The Embassy of India has created an Online Forum where Indian Diaspora and other Friends of India could provide their suggestions and ideas on the above-mentioned points in making New India Movement 2017-2022 (Sankalp Se Sidhi) a great success.