News and Events
- Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2015
- IMF: India a bright spot in global economy, will clock 7.2% growth.
- Visa-free travel for diplomatic passport-holders of India & Norway
An Agreement on Exemption of Visa Requirement for holders of diplomatic passports between India and Norway,comes into force on 7th February, 2015.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Ltd - E Tender
- International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for Rolling Stock Tender Document for Kolkata East-West Metro Project
Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (KMRC) conveys that procurement of rolling stock for Kolkata East-West Metro project has been initiated by calling an International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for Tender “Contract RS(3R)”. The scope includes Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning and Integration of passenger rolling stock and training of personnel. Total quantity of procurement is 84 cars with 25% option clause. Rolling stock tender package is partially funded by JICA and the tender documents have been approved by JICA.
The last date for submission of bids is 21 April 2015. http://www.kmrc.in/tenders.php
- Affixing of 'U'(Universal) visa sticker on the foreign passports of OCI card holders has been dispensed with immediate effect by the Government of India. New OCI applicants will be issued with only OCI booklet with an endorsement of 'Visa Validity-Lifelong'. All the immigration authorities at the Immigration Check Points(air ports/sea ports/border posts) in India have been requested NOT to insist on production of the foreign passport containing the 'U' visa sticker in the case of OCI card holders while they enter /exit India and the immigration clearance will be granted on production of OCI card only.
- PIO and OCI schemes have been merged into one and only OCI scheme will be in force with effect from 9th January 2015. Accordingly, PIO Scheme has been withdrawn by the Government of India with immediate effect. All PIO cards issued till 9th January 2015 are deemed to be OCI cards with life long validity. All PIO applications received at the embassy after 9th January 2015, will be returned to the applicants with the request to apply for OCI card on the same fee prescribed for PIO card. Applicants are requested to apply only for OCI card, online through the link provided at the embassy web site.
- Union Home Minister & Tourism Minister launch landmark Tourist Visa on Arrival Enabled with Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme
- Click Here to Read More
- Guidelines for first Study India Programme(SIP)
- Indian Diplomacy at Work – Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
- New Announcement for the Applicants - Updated 01.12.2014
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE NEWS