News and Events
Click here to read More
- Celebration of 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar
on 14th April 2016
Indian Embassy organised a Reception at Red Cross Hall, Oslo to celebrate 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar on 14th April, 2016 from 1700-1900 hrs. About 150 invitees including Diplomatic Corps (Ambassadors) in Oslo, representatives from Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Trade, University of Oslo and Indian diaspora members attended the event. Ambassador delivered a 25-minute speech on "Indian Constitution and Democracy". Mr. Tore Schei, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Norway was the "Guest of Honour" and delivered a speech on "Norway's Constitution and Judiciary". A Sitar and Tabla recital was performed by Ms. Rohini Sahajpal and Mr. Shri Lal at the end of the function.
Mr. Tore Schei spoke highly of India's Constitution & Judiciary and his interactive experiences with Supreme Court of India and Delhi High Court during his study tour of the Indian judicial system in 2008. The participants in general were highly appreciative of India's Constitution and Democracy. Many of them also appreciated India's efforts to inform an international audience how the Indian Constitution was formulated; the pivotal role of Dr. Ambedkar and strengths of India's democracy.
Click here to View the Gallery
- Know India Programme(KIP)
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India is organizing the next edition of Know India Programme (KIP) to familiarize Indian Diaspora youth with India?s culture, heritage and also with contemporary India. KIP will be for a duration of Duration of 25 days, of which participants will spend nearly 10 days in a select State. Focus of next KIP will be ?Maharashtra State?, and is scheduled from 05 May to 01 June, 2016.
Click Here to Know More
- The last date of applications for conversion of PIO Cards to OCI Cards has been extended until 30th June 2016.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd Global Tender Notice Click here to view
- Nalanda University AdmissionsClick here for more details
- Read Articles about India
- PassportIndia 2015
- PassportIndia 2015 Press Note
- Documentaries on e-Governance, TV Series, etc. on National e-Governance Plan
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the 22nd Edition of International Engineering and Technology Fair (IETF) 2017 from 2nd -4th February 2017 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, spread over 30,000 sq. mtrs. IETF is a global platform for buyer-seller meets, international conferences and seminars, business networking, technology assessments, strategic partnerships, Investments, vendor development, and showcasing latest products. The launch of ?Make in India? campaign, major new national program dedicated to facilitate investment, foster innovation, enhance skill development and promote intellectual property and build best-in-class manufacturing infrastructure. The 22nd IETF 2017 will feature concurrent shows such as Automach, Digital Office, Green Mobility, Logistics, Metal & Metallurgy, Skills, Solid Waste Management, Water India & Plumbing, Industrial Maintenance covered under ?Make in India? campaign & Global Pavilion. For further details, please click?
- Established in 1942, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is amongst the foremost and largest publicly funded scientific and industrial research organization in the world, with 37 state-of-the-art National Laboratories/Institutes, 3 Innovation Complexes and 38 Centres across India. CSIR is looking for outstanding R&D professionals to head its prestigious National Laboratories/Institutes. For further details, please click...
- The 10th India International Textile Machinery Exhibition (India ITME -2016), largest textile machinery show in India, will be held from 3? 8 December 2016 at Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre, Goregaon (East), Mumbai.
- Hon'ble Prime Minister's Letter to Citizens on Completion of 1 year of Government
- IMF: India a bright spot in global economy, will clock 7.2% growth.